Smart TVs have grown to become one of the popular types of television, as opposed to the common and conventional types of TVs. As compared to conventional television, which will require a manual method of usage, smart TVs grant you access to several features and allow you to operate them even without using their remote.
The Vizio TV is one such smart Television and as with most other smart televisions, you can turn on a Vizio TV even without having a remote. Here, I will be showing you how to turn on a Vizio.
Can I Turn On Vizio TV Without a Remote?
Yes, you can turn on the Vizio TV without a remote.
Vizio allows its users to turn on and off their television even when they are not using a remote. This can be done using several methods, including clicking the buttons on the side of the Vizio television.
How To Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
As I had said earlier, you can turn on a Vizio TV even without using the Vizio TV remote. This includes using the Vizio Television buttons, just by the side of the smart TV, using the Vizio TV mobile application as well as a lot of other methods. Here are methods on how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote.
1. Using The Vizio Television Buttons
Using the Vizio television button is one of the ways that you can turn on a Vizio TV. The television, like most other smart televisions, has a number of buttons on its side, and one of the buttons is responsible for booting the TV. Here are steps on how to turn on the Vizio TV via the television buttons –
- Connect the Vizio TV to a power supply
- Check the side of the TV for the buttons
- Locate and press the power button
- The Vizio TV should turn on
2. Using A Nintendo Switch
Also, you can make use of a Nintendo switch to turn on a Vizio TV without using any remote control. This just turns on the television, and you can then use it afterward. Here are steps on how to turn a Vizio TV without a remote using a Nintendo switch.
- Connect the Nintendo Switch to the Vizio TV.
- Navigate to the system settings of the Nintendo
- ap on TV settings, as this will show you a lot of options
- Toggle the “Match TV Power State“ to turn it on and ensure it shows green
- Restart the console
3. Using The Vizio TV Mobile App
Probably the most popular way of turning a Vizio TV without a remote, the Vizio TV Smartcast mobile app is available on the Google play store as well as on the Apple App store.
This mobile app allows you to control the smart TV even without using the remote control. Here are steps on how to turn on the Vizio TV without the remote, using the Vizio TV mobile app –
Download the Vizio TV Smartcast mobile app. It is available on the Google Play store for the Android version and the Apple App store for the iOS version
- Open the Vizio TV SmartCast mobile application
- Navigate to “Devices”
- If your Vizio TV has been added already, you only need to tap on it to pair it again. However, if it has never been added as the “Devices”, tap the “Add” button
- Hold your mobile phone near the Vizio TV for it to pair
- If paired successfully, you will get a remote control layout
- Tap the power button of the remote to turn on the Vizio TV.
4. Using A PlayStation
Another way of turning on your Vizio TV without using your remote is via PlayStation. This method works similarly to the Nintendo Switch as both of them make use of external devices and then connect them to the Vizio TV. Here are steps on how to turn a Vizio TV without a remote using the PlayStation.
- Connect the Vizio TV to a power supply
- Using the High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cable, connect your PlayStation to the smart TV
- Navigate to “Settings” on your console
- Tap on “Systems”
- Tick the “Enable HDMI Device Link” checkbox
- Whenever your console is turned on, the Vizio TV will turn on as well.
Who Can Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote?
Anyone can turn on a Vizio TV without a remote. There are several methods that you can use to turn on the smart television and all of the methods are listed above.
How Long Does It Take To Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
Turning on a Vizio TV does not take time. Most of the time, there are instant. However, you only need to set up the console, switch, or mobile app first (depending on the method used).
READ: What is Device Pulse?
Can I Access The Vizio TV Without a Remote Or WiFi?
Yes, you can access the Vizio TV without a remote or a WiFi connection. The Vizio TV has a side button that you can click to power on and off the TV, as well as other buttons that can increase and decrease the volume.
Does Vizio TV Have Side Buttons?
Yes, Vizio TV has side buttons. These side buttons include the power on button, the change channel button as well as the volume increase and decrease button.
Can I Turn On A Vizio TV Manually?
Yes, you can turn on a Vizio TV manually and this is via using the side buttons.
Obinna Kenneth is a Tech enthusiast who is keen to keep tech lovers informed on various apps, gadgets, and systems. He also writes about other niches professionally, including gaming and the like.